Saturday, July 5

Cowboys and Indians...


Hey everybody, I know the summer is already half over and I am just getting a blog up now but they keep us really busy out here! So far school is great, learning a lot and I get to take pictures everyday. My group of friends are really fun, we went storm chasing the other night tying to get some lightning shots. Mostly just got rained on but it was still a good time! Last weekend we went to a rodeo. (my first) Apparently getting drunk is as much a part of the show as riding horses because everyone was obliterated! There were 60 or 70 students there taking pictures and I guess the locals didn't really like that because I was being pelted with ice through the whole rodeo. But hey it was 90 degrees so I kinda liked that! On the way home from the rodeo we stopped on the side of the road and did a rain dance and I guess it worked because we had some pretty good thunderstorms the next day or two. (of course it didn't start raining until I started to ride my bike home though, never fails!) Yesterday was the 4th and had a bar-b-que and got some decent fireworks shots. And today I think I am going to a pow wow. (They are gonna do a dance called the "scalp" dance so I'm gonna be on my best behavior!) Miss you guys! Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.

Scott said...

Congrats on the blog, Dan. Keep it up!